Thursday, October 14

Quasimodo

I have been slouching for as long as I can remember. I like to think that it is because my back muscles are so big that I am always hunching forward, but, truth is ... I just slouch. I have tried everything form: asking people to hit me when i slouch to: trying to walk straight. So basically, I have not really tried much.

Until I joined yoga for project elephant. After that my posture greatly improved and I was able to walk straight again (to say nothing that I was finally able to touch my toes)

I quit yoga this year in January. Reasons being that I wanted to concentrate on running, climbing (injury-free, this time), and on writing my thesis. I achieved all three objectives this year so I am really proud of myself for that. However, in quitting yoga I lost two important things, namely, my posture, and a friend I had made through yoga (come to think of it, this second one does not count because if i lost said friend so easily, it just means we weren't really friends). So I lost my posture.

About a month ago San, Dor, Mar, and I were walking through Taka and we spotted this:


The english says: "It chest out posture"

I could not resist it so I grabbed it instantly. At first, I said it was for my mom. But truth is, the arm loops are very tiny so my mom will not fit into it. So here I am today:




Notice the cool shirt: Vietnam-bought for only 10 SGD! And yes, I did put a pink teddy-bear on top of the cluster rack behind me.

6 comments:

judith said...

cool! does it work? haha. always wanted to get one. heh. :p back muscles hindering me toooooo

claudia said...

jud! I do not know if it works, I have been wearing it for two hours :) I am sitting up straighter though :) Will let you know how it goes in a couple of weeks :)

ionuca said...

I think you should wear it underneath your clothes :D

And if it works, PLEASE send one to me too! I'm willing to pay as much as it takes.

Like you, I've tried everything but I just can't keep my shoulders in a straight position :(

claudia said...

I would wear it under my clothes, but the weather is so hot and humid here i think i would truly hate it ... will give this experiment one month and then let you all know!

SB said...

hahaha that chest out thingy is cool!
reminds me of the " i must i must, increase my bust' ecercises little girls in Asia would do when i was growing up!

claudia said...

@LD: oh my, i had to google that! It looks hilarious!!! ... i wonder if it works ...