Saturday, August 20

El Tango

I am now at lesson seven out of the eight tango lessons and I must say that things have not been as SCARY as I initially thought they would be. True, I don't dance well. This might be because um, I don't practice at all outside the 1-hour class. Probably because I don't have anybody to practice with (hint hint hint). And also true, when my partner (a nice old man that THANK GOD! is in the intermediate class) tells me to "listen to the music" all I can think of (while i nod my head as if i understand him) is "i barely have enough brain to think about what i'm doing".

But all in all, I am learning to FOLLOW, which is something I am truly and utterly not used to. To my shame, I am walking in front even when I don't have the slightest idea where the hell I am going - although this is in most cases due to the fact that the people i am walking with just walk so slow.

Summing it up, this past month i have tried out two new sports. Running in dry weather (I only started running in Singapore) and I joined a running group here (we run every fucking sunday at 7:30 am, for about 20-25km, and every wednesday or so), and Tango.

Still, climbing remains my greatest love.

4 comments:

dor said...

awwww i <3 you too!

dance/tango for me when i m visiting ya ;)

claudia said...

doris lin, hell will freeze over when i dance again in front of somebody i know.

san said...

but u danced in front of us.. a LOT of times...

claudia said...

yes I did, but that was once in a lifetime!! :))