Friday, June 6

Climbing in Thailand (Photoblog)

We finally got there after a taxi from the airport to the bus terminal, 3 hrs bus to krabi, taxi to Ao Nammo pier, then boat to Railay east beach.

Then I made Marian go climbing immediately after we got our accommodations figured out and bought another guide book because we forgot my dear book in the bus. See the enthusiasm on his face.


Our resort was way too nice for the time we spent in it.


I even got to run on two occasions on the beach (I don't know how i will complete the race on sunday!!)


We climbed a lot of nice, easy routes. And we also took a kayak once to the sea! Very relaxing, although I insisted on taking Bobby. The sea was restless but we managed out of there safe and sound.


And took some Lord of the rings like pictures.


Even though the waves were big


some people kayaked much better than us. He even told us something but we didn't get it because of his french accent. Mais oui...


Had a rest at an island close to Pra Nang beach.


If you must know I was wondering if my blisters were going to soften because of the salted water.


Climbed Lord of the Thais and Mala Mujer. Both beautiful, long routes with marvelous views from the top.




We even met up with Kiat, our trainer for this semester, and his friends. Had lovely diners. Notice my knee tan (I do look silly, don't i?)


Went into Diamond cave and then to Pra Nang beach on the other side. Just lovely.


I know now that I can climb 6b. Rewarded myself with a mango sticky rice afterwards (notice I did not wash my hands).


Ate a lot of tom yam soup (i suspect the shrimp!)


Enjoyed the magnificent views both in Tonsai and Railey.


Had a lovely time all in all.

Side note: You can run marathons, do yoga, climb mountains, but NOTHING beats losing weight like good ol' diarrhea!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate you! :| [well, not, I'm just envious :D]

claudia said...

can't wait to see pics from athens!!!!