Monday, June 16

The hill ...

It has been conquered. And down it went my friends ... Sunday morning when Mihai and Mariuca finally woke up (around 1pm), we went again to Bukit Timah nature reserve. Yup. I did the hill three times, running to the top and walking back. I only stopped the first time after the steeper slope because I had made a tactical error and ran too fast!! Which of course left me dead by the time I reached the nicer part :) When I was coming back from my second run a man in his fifties that was running the mellow part told me that he saw me running the steep part and "Congratulations, you're doing great!". I met him and his wife again when I was running the third time and he said "congratulations" again :) By that time that was the only thing that kept me going (that and the fact that I had told M&m that I will be running three times).

Saturday was a bad day for climbing. Do remind me never to climb when I'm tired. I could only trust myself to hold the really really big hand holds (think the size of my head) and to step on really big things. Truly horrible performance. For the easy peasy routes that I could do without a sweat last time, this time I was drenched and shaking like a leaf. Bugger. Sandra's climbing has improved a lot, she's inspiring me :)

No comments: