Thursday, January 14

Confession

Ok, I'll go ahead and admit it: I like peanut butter!! I have just returned from a somewhat anxious google search hoping to discover that maybe it doesn't originate from the states but from a more likeable place. This is because USA and all its things at best leaves a "MEH" impression on me (except REI and yosemite I guess). As such, I was really really hoping it would come from Norway. Or Germany. I would have settled for Russia even. Alas, it doesn't. I do not know how americans eat it, but i eat it with my right index finger straight from the jar. Sometimes when I am feeling posh, it will go on a piece of bread.

Before coming to Singapore I had never tasted peanut butter before. Like ever. And until last year I had never really tried it. I came upon it while trying to find a replacement for dry apricots as a pre-race diet. This is because dry apricots. They. make. you. shit. A. lot. Shitalot! (say it with me) So far the peanut butter has worked for me (I am secretly ascribing it with my 4.08 finish). Unfortunately, it seems to be moving from a race food to a everyday-must-eat-because-it's-open kinda food, for which my fingers and my ass will not thank me. The only good news is that I have just bought the crunchy version, which is too peanuty for IR.

No comments: