Tuesday, January 19

Progression

Climbed this Sunday with Sandra at Climb Asia. Actually, we were there to entertain Doris who was belaying her non-climbing friends (and trying to kill some of them as well - guess this is what happens when you have a belayer that weighs 40 kg: sometimes, you get to the ground faster :)) )

Anyhow, thinking of my recent non-climbing trip to New Zealand and of Sandra's slacking thereof, on Sunday we employed a pretty lame progression. Not only were we doing only top rope (although Sandra did have her rope at home, unlike me), but we started with the amazing awe-inspiring difficulty of 5. Yup 5.

Following a very slow progression, we moved up to 5c, 6a, 6a+, 6b, 6b, 6c, 6c. Alas, we stopped at 6c, not because this is usually where we stop (note to self, this year must lead 6c, ok?) but also because there were no more difficult routes to tope rope (who would put a 7a for top rope, I wonder?) Furthermore, we were EXTREMELY PUMPED! This is what happens when there are only two climbers out for a session - there aren't any rest times!

By the time we reached the last 6c (which i didn't manage to finish, by the way) we were so pumped that I didn't even want to try anymore. To the point where I was up there, trying to load a very shitty sloper to go to a very shitty pinch, Sandra was saying "COME ON!", my right biceps was shaking at the prospect of loading again, and all I could muster was a whimper, "aargh, let me down" ... Alas, maybe next time we start with 6a. Or, in the spirit of slow and steady, with a 5c?

3 comments:

san said...

hhaa..claud.we cld start with a 6A next time and do all the routes with 6's..hahaha..or head outside..provided it aint too hot. :)

dorlin said...

tsk I'm still a safe belayer alright!!!

anyway, find the name of your thighs! not america or china please (think yixiong) hahahaha

claudia said...

yeah right!!! I found the names!! John and Tucker!!! http://carutacufraieri.blogspot.com/2008/12/namez.html