Monday, April 11

Operation Nightmare. Part I

I never thought it would really get to this, but I think I am a bit out of shape when it comes to shopping. I guess it is because I had to finish a thesis and do stuff but then again I will not complain here. I knew I hated weddings when I jumped on the wedding wagon but this is getting ridiculous... I mean why do you have to match the jewelry to your gown? Who cares about that anyway? Why do you have to have matching shoes for your civil ceremony dress? WHY? WHY? WHY?

My bridesmaids and I have been looking for a dressy enough shirt that one of them can wear for the numerous weddings that she has to attend in the near future. And this is where I find that singapore is truly a really boring place because all we could find were formal, i-gotta-go-to-work-and-look-serious-in-this kind of shirts. I mean, is it too much to ask to put just some silver threads in the fabric or something like that? Why oh why must they all be either white or erm white? And of course how many shades of white you can try on?

Yesterday we achieved 50% of our objective and managed to find a superb dress for Doris (aka The Dodo) to wear (it's not chinese as the one below but it is golden... I love it!!!)



Today we are hitting the stores again in search of the elusive shirt - and i just remembered that Esprit has a formal - dressy section! To get all of them to come I have traded my soul with the devil: I will join dodo to do her Physical Training (PT) (the same dodo who is third in the climbing open women category) and whom i can better at climbing only by grabbing her while on the wall and pulling her off it... This means her PT will not be easy and I will probably not make it till the end! which would leave me fat (as before) and with a tattered pride. All of this only because we need three people to make a decision (we go by 2/3 majority haha) and as such Dodo needs to skip training. Sigh ...

6 comments:

judith said...

lol. the dodo in the cheongsam dressy thing is hilarious

claudia said...

haha yeah, I also like :) I don't know what she will say though ....

dor said...

omg!!!!!!!! were u that bored?????? hahahahahaha wtf!!

dor said...

and mah dress isn't THAT Chinese-y.... but yes I like my dress too... :)

RME said...

I find qipao/cheongsam/ao dai to be some of the most exquisite pieces of clothing. I hope I'm not the only one. :-)

claudia said...

@RME, You have no idea how much you've made my day! I am wearing a cheongsam for the civil ceremony!!!