Thursday, May 12

Good job, Claudia!

Yesterday was one of the days when i was truly and utterly myself. I drove from Marian's town of Caracal, to my town, Bucharest, to pick up my two maids of honor, San and Dor. The drive was horrendous because the road was very crowded, with a lot of carts and trucks and all that. Anyway, I managed to reach Bucharest just in time. So I hurry out of the car and into the airport and try to find a spot close to the exit such that Doris can see the bright yellow sign I made for her.

But of course, Romanian customs have to be their anal selves and really give a hearty welcome to everybody that comes in here. The girls were kept for a ginormous amount of time because they didn't know my address... I forgot to give it to them. And so they called me. But because I HAD FORGOTTEN MY PHONE IN THE CAR they could not reach me. And they called and called and called and facebooked marian and i had like ten missed calls when i finally got my phone back. And other people were calling me too cause the girls were bringing stuff for them and yeah, from now on, my phone sleeps with me.

1 comment:

ionuca said...

Since when do foreigners need to tell the custom police where they are staying? That's simply bullshit... :/