Friday, July 22

The problem with bags

Is that you never have enough of them. "It's like fucking octopuses" Jensen commented out there when it came to his attention that most ladies would have more than 5 bags. And even the most clear-minded lady I know owns at least four bags that I know of, and about at least 7 watches. So there must be something in the chromosomes.

Another problem with bags is that at some point you want a bigger bag. I have gone through all shapes and sizes, but because I tend to carry a lot of stuff (extra clothes, shoes, lunch, fruits, papers, books, notebooks, pens, and one wallet) I find myself buying either large bags or small bags that eventually get stuffed to the maximum.

The problem with large bags is that no matter how large the bag is, at some point it will feel small for what you need to put in it. Most probably because you have not taken the other stuff out first.

This is because another problem with large bags is that they are the black holes of death, where things never come back from. Take for example my new blue bag, it has a Singaporean coin inside, although it (the bag) has never been to singapore!

The problem with a large bag is thus that you will fill it to the brim and then you won't be able to move it. Take for example Boris, the spoilt luggage we had to carry throughout Europe. It was big and sturdy, and so we filled it with practically almost everything. It also had two spoilt rollers, which meant that we had to DRAG it all around Europe. Boris is safely hidden behind Marian in this photo, but you can see how many luggages we had.

Another example would be Boris the Second (or Boris II for short), which is my big red bag. It is so big that I think can fit both sandra and doris at the same time. It is so big that it can fit all my books. And today, Boris the Second, as befit his name, lost a roller out of its four. This was a most inappropriate time for Boris the Second to loose a roller as the two of us where on our way to school from the parking lot. Now the parking lot is about 20 mins walk from the school And it was 7 am in the morning. And I was in a skirt. And it was 1 (ONE!@) degree outside. And Boris the Second was full of books. Books that I was bringing to school to put in my vast (wall-sized) bookcase. Once Boris the Second lost its roller I could no longer pull it so i was left with pushing it ahead while at the same time lifting it a bit to ensure that most weight was on its three healthy rollers. I did make a funny sighting and it was such an exhausting trek that I stopped many many times to curse (my new favorite curse is "Oh, what fresh hell is this?!" It seems that my vulgarities diminish as the shitty-ness increases) and ponder how this would have been much much easier had i not been alone. Or had I waited until marian got here. Or I had waited and done this not immediately after a hard climbing night on Thursday, which gave me a flapper and made my hans extremely raw. Here's Boris the Second very close to our destination.
We arrived after 40 minutes!

And proof that it was indeed fucking cold this morning.

4 comments:

RME said...

Wait a minute: one degree? Where exactly are you now? :P

claudia said...

My question exactly when I stepped outside :))

Anonymous said...

at last count, i have 8 functional bags. I'm a fucking octopus.
-jensen

claudia said...

Jensen, I think I beat you by two if you count Boris the Second and the camelbak bag. Oh my!