Friday, June 22

Excited!!

In exactly 2 weeks I will be on my way home!!! How cool is that?! I can tell you how cool it is: it's so cool I can't focus on my work and I'm losing patience with everybody around me. Also I keep making plans of what to buy for whom: for mom another bag (tell you the bag incident below), for grandma rheumatic oil or similar plus candies from Amsterdam, for grandpa maybe a bottle of wine, for M. camera plus lense (from his money, of course).

For mom i need to make a list with all my mountaineering equipment that needs to be checked and found for me tot take to the alps - the reason for this is twofold: first, they might not be in order, so I would need to find replacements, and secondly, do you know how it is when your mom decides to go through your stuff and arrange it? And then when you try to find something YOU CAN'T FIND IT because she put it somewhere ELSE?!! This has left me with a serious issue with finding things: whenever i lose something i ask marian to search for it because otherwise I get very very nervous.

So yeah, the dog incident. My dog, whose name is Bingo, is a very smart and loving dachshund (yeah i know). He knows what mom's patterns for going out are: he knows when she is going to the market, to work or anywhere else where she could take him but she won't. Now this last part is of course cause for revenge - if my mom leaves the house to go anywhere (except work or market) without first taking him to the park, it's showtime!!! In his young days he used to have a fetish for the cable of the cable tv (used to chew it at two ends then take it out from behind the furniture and leave it in the middle of the room). Then of course it was the period of looking into the oven, or the sink (helped by the cat), or even destroying plants. Now, in his old age, he is content with only pulling bags from the clothes hanger and chewing them (not much, just enough to ruin them). And it so happens that he destroyed one of the bags that my mom bought from here when she was here this past new year's.

No comments: