Monday, March 24

Dragging my feet

Just a short note to let y'all know that I am still alive. After that enthusiastic post on Thursday (or was it wednesday), you would have thought that I would keep posting and liveblogging till the end of the world ... This wasn't so, I'm affraid :) Boulderactive has come and gone, leaving me (and the rest of the helping crew) sapped of all energy. I helped out on all three days, from morning till dusk. I even set some (three) of the women routes. I still feel awful about my novice women final route. The first route, should have been easy (and it was doable, i swear). Just that i didn't know that the under 16 girls are also climbing the routes, otherwise I would not have set such big moves. As in, only one girl out of eight managed to reach the third handhold. Oh noes, as Kiat said, I will burn in hell. My hell will probably be route no 6 for the open women qualifiers. It was the only doable route, and of course it was the route on which I couldn't start. Yup. I couldn't start. And I would like to take this opportunity to thank Kesheng for this. Thank you, Kesheng, we will burn together! As for my performance, I did much better than my programmed 12 points (12/6 = 2 which means on average I was planning to start and go for the next handhold). I think I did 17 points! Considering this is my 3rd competition ever, it's not so bad .... Woohoo!! Actually it's not woohoo, but I am not being extremely hard on myself today, because I am still very tired. (On a side note, I was never so tired and aching after climbing only 6 routes as I was after the qualifiers, brrr)

My brain is mush from doing repetitive actions for three days like BLOWING THE DAMN WHISTLE every 3 minutes or so. My ego is G. O. N. E. I have found new inspiration to continue with training.

No comments: