Monday, March 31

I think I can talk to animals

So, after Boulderactive finally opened my eyes to my weaknesses (I would post a picture of me here but a) all the pics are with Marian and b) There's really nothing interesting to see, cause I could do only the first moves for 4/6 routes). the get back into shape process has begun. This means that

  • I am climbing more - just set an endurance route after we put up the tiles on Saturday - it's called "Ang Moh" [the pejorative for "white person" here] it's not hard, I can do all the moves, but I can't link it (yet).

  • I am NOT checking my weight - to prevent depression that is. Even though, as Mom would put it, my body needed the rest. But Moms don't count - she and my grandma would say that I've eaten so little after having soup + second course + second serving of the second course. Yup. Eating or loss of appetite is no problem with IR, no no no.

  • I am back to running. Not as much to lose weight, but because I miss it. So what better way to come back to running if not to register for a 15km run - Singapore Passion Run 2008. Yay!!



Ok. I admit it, though. Last night's run, it was ALL ABOUT losing weight. Cause u see ... marian cooked, and then we watched a movie (something that I do a lot these days*), and then it was 9 o'clock and I seriously didn't want to run anymore. But I got kicked in the arse (thank you, m!) and dragged my feet throughout it. And I even stopped once! Yup. Because I saw an owl!! I saw it flying and then it landed on a tree branch and I had a really good look at it! The first owl "in the wild" that I see! It didn't stay on the tree close to the running track for long though. That's because IR decided to make owl sounds (or what I thought to be owl sounds) towards the owl, which I suspect freaked her out, because she flew off into the jungle, into the night .... [Leaving me feeling totally stupid. IR smart, right!?!]

*the only time I am not reluctant to watching a movie (I would rather read, thankyouverymuch) is when I am exhausted and my brain is mush. This happened throughout the whole of last week, while recovering from Boulderactive

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am joining passion run too!!! but i haven been running..=( lets run tog after/before training someday! =)

-shumei

claudia said...

let's! BUT I run very slow these days, u know :) let me know when u wanna run, ok?