Sunday, December 20

Austin! TEXAS!

Well two days later and i finally am somewhat recovered from the 42 hour trip from Austin, TX to Singapore. I liked Austin. It was nice, small, and nice. The food was not spectacular, but I would die for migas any day. Texans are fun and polite and they do talk to you out of the blue. I stayed in a beautiful Inn decorated circa 1900 with a swing on the porch and two cats, a black cat (Evil) and a white cat (Bueno), and a poodle (Amber). I walked to the conference on the first day (5 miles = 8 km) but then I took the bus - I am a wuss, what can I say. I went to REI twice even though it was a 5km trek from the conference hotel. And I went to whole foods!!! Affordable cheese and bread! Woo hoo! I bought a spicy sauce called Widow Maker from there! It's not really spicy but it's good. Below are some pics. As usual, more here.

A lot of squirrels:


A very well adapted tree:


In front of a diner: - it's so foggy because it's about 8 am


A golf course:


Autumn at its best:


Learning to park:


Pigeons around University of Texas at Austin:


The Capitol building from afar:


Weird visual effect:


Downtown:


Congress Ave:



Interesting house:


Autumn downtown:


The Capitol building by night


Maybe I should take off my kinky glasses:



Circles!


My favorite american president [PFFT!]


Oh how I hate hunting.


Migas, baby!


Texan art:

3 comments:

RME said...

Very nice pictures but please-please-please pick another font. :P

claudia said...

unfortunately this will be one of my new year's resolution :)

san said...

ooh..the migas looks yummy!