Monday, April 12

Fucking presumptuous, really

So. When you get married, as far as I understand, the thing to do is to gather all (or most) of your friends and relatives in one BIG celebration of the aforementioned legal certificate to fuck and breed humans. Or in more milder terms, you want all your friends (notice again the emphasis on friends) and relatives (i.e. same blood) around you such that they share your joy and your happiness at obtaining the said legal certificate to fuck and breed humans. An added advantage of weddings are the wedding gifts (in produce or money). So see, legal certificate + $$$$ = LOVE!

To some people, like myself and others, it might be a bit difficult to join you in your celebration, mostly because we are not close friends, and because it means I will have to give up my Friday night climbing session (btw SAN, climbing on SUNDAY right?!) in order to attend said legalization (to fuck and breed humans). Plus this with the fact that I am the only child from a divorced marriage so the said legalization means SHIT for me, and you will see how hard it is for me to actually move my ass to go to Kuala Lumpur. However, I am willing to make this sacrifice for the sake of the custom and so on and so forth.

But never in a million years would I have suspected that some people are so delusional to think that the ceremony and all the fuss and the obligatory socialization is done for the benefit of the community, and I quote, "we are doing this for you". I would have laughed at this if I did not have to give up climbing on Friday and haul my ass up to KL. It is you and only you that you are doing this for. So seriously, stop deluding yourself.

Later edit: The ROAR in this post really helped because I just run 5k in 24 minutes, something i thought i would never do again. Go ROAR!!

No comments: