Sunday, May 16

From Changi, with love

I reached home yesterday morning at around 7 am, only 8 hours after I left it to go to the states. No, I am not supersonic, just plain stupid (see the previous post). After a quick dash outside to pee* I slept like a log until 2 pm. Went for a palak paneer lunch (most nom) and then crashed back until 7 pm or so, with some respites in which i read one crime novel and answered a couple of text messages. It's been a while since I spent so much time indoors and lying down. A much needed holiday, I guess ... I did sort of go for a run, but it turned out a 1-2km jog because my ipod died on me.

Am now back in Changi, at the Coffee Bean at terminal 3. The girl that is minding the place recognized me from yesterday but am not sure what she made of me - new ang moh terrorist around? (all my bags are black and i am wearing the same clothes - but i showered!). I see a familiar crowd of people here from yesterday. Never knew that Changi is favored by students to study and hang out. The armchairs at Coffee bean are also favored by many to sleep. I should know, they are the most comfortable chairs at T3. Last night I tried to sleep on the benches but couldn't, mostly because I was not properly geared (i.e. didn't have a sheet to cover myself), but also because the airport jingle managed to seep through my ear plugs and. just. kill. me.

I am taking a break from thesis writing and doing some people watching. How do some of these people pick their partners is beyond my understanding. Eurasians are so beautiful. I want one. Hell, I want to be one. Tall and delicate, not short and pudgy ... How can people board a plane in singlet + shorts + slippers?!! Whoever put up this airport music should be shot. I want one of those four-wheeled bags. Some unknown stranger asked me to charge is iphone/ipad. Does he know i can download his pictures? Singaporeans are getting fat. Volvo XC60 is damn sexy, but I still want a bicycle.

Hopefully I will be on the plane in six hours or so. If there's no post tomorrow, it means I have finally succeeded and the land of the free and the home of the brave is one hop closer.

* No, i did not go outside to pee al fresco, thank you very much. A friend is staying in our bedroom and she had locked her door. I did not want to disturb her, but because i had been holding it for long, i dropped my bags and dashed for the pool** - a great sight for 6:58 am, I should say.

** to use the toilet at the pool, not pee in the pool, of course.

2 comments:

Andreea said...

Your friend, the one that locked herself in the bedroom, though the main door was also locked, must be very panophobic ;))
Sooo sorry...... :*

claudia said...

I still dun see why you have to apologize for my stupidity. Had i read the bloody tickets i would have been at home in bed instead of on the streets at 6 am :))