Tuesday, September 20

I might be getting old

This was a fun-filled weekend.

Saturday

1. Woke up around 8-ish to go trek Mount Lofty. I have sort of found an outdoor buddy in the person of another new guy here. Too bad he is going away for a month. Mount Lofty turned out to be an ok trek, a bit steep in some places, but not severely steep - they were advertising it as VERY VERY steep but methinks I can easily run on it carrying a backpack.

2. After mount Lofty we went to lunch. I mention it here because lunch was in a coffee shop that also sells furniture, so you can sit on the furniture, eat at the table and then buy it.

3. After lunch we went to boulder. As my finger is finally back from the dead, I bouldered to failure. After 3 hours of bouldering we called it a day. Had a horribly dry throat so went in search of a smoothie. Found the smoothie, drank it. Headed for dinner with some colleagues and then headed home. Arrived 9:30 pm.

Sunday

1. Woke up at 5:15 am to go to the City to Bay 12 km run. I had to get up so early because the run was passing on my street so I had to get out before they closed the road. Race started at 8:00 am. Ran with a colleague, who is now my running buddy. We did 7km in 36 minutes and then slowed down because we had decided to do Bay to City as well. Out of the 34000 people doing the City to Bay, I think we were about the only two idiots doing the full Bay to City as well.



2. Bay to City (another 12km) was not such a great idea because it was by now 10-11 am, we had cooled down after our initial 12 km and we had also had (another) espresso which dried us somemore.

3. After that went to my running buddy's house where his wife cooked an amazing mexican lunch. Relaxed. Enjoyed their two cats.

4. Around 5pm went to see some climbing friends. They had opened a wall in their backyard and wanted to show it around. Turns out, they were pregnant and wanted us all there to celebrate. I BOULDERED for a while.

5. Arrived home at 9:00 pm. Talked to Marian and mom. Had a shower. Fell asleep while chewing. Woke up, threw the slice of bread I was chewing away and went to sleep.

The fact that I fell asleep chewing my food leads me to believe that I do not have as much energy as I used to.

2 comments:

ionuca said...

Now that is what I call a productive weekend :)

claudia said...

ionuca, you're right :)!! the only downside is that i have to spend the entire week recovering from it hahaha