Sunday, November 13

A new Grampians trip

This time around, drove up with a colleague that is recently becoming interested in climbing and bouldering, and who I am preparing to join Marian's gang when he gets here. The first stop of the 440 km drive in is at a Subway 70km from Adelaide.

I did not send anything during this weekend because I was very busy showing him around and trying to find the easy problems (V0, V1) for him to do. However, I did have fun, and for once I had photos of me on the rocks!

I find the red rocks in the grampians to be truly mesmerizing.

First day, we climbed in Andersens, where I tried to send "Riding Shotgun", V6. Turns out, climbing a route full of slopers in the fucking sun is not good. Good photo of me as Hulk's sister, though.

The next day we went up to Loopeys, where i wanted to try another route. Also for a bit of trekking.

Australia being flat as we know, you can see for miles and miles from even the smallest hill.

Trekked a bit IN Hollow Mountain (Australians are not very inventive with their names). I do hate to trek while on a climbing trip, but my colleague wanted, plus I thought it would be useful when other people (HINT! HINT!) come visit.


Turns out, there is a Buddhist colony near the Grampians, in Ballarat.

And off we were back to Adelaide, for another 440km. This and the previous trip with Uncle Pan confirmed me that I can drive non-stop for 340km. After that, I do need a little break.



Sheep really like the shade, and the Australian sun is truly unforgiving.


And my favorite picture of the weekend. I love the texture of the sandstone against the blue blue sky.

As usual, more pics are available for your viewing pleasure here.

4 comments:

ionuca said...

I'm thinking of trying climbing in a gym. I like the idea of being a kind of Spiderman :) I'll let you know if I ever do it.

claudia said...

You should try it it's damn cool and exciting! I'll google the address of the climbing gyms in bucharest, there's one right behind intercontinental hotel methinks :)

dor said...

huh.......

ionuca said...

Yes, there's where I want to go :) I'll let you (and the world) know if I actually did it.