Wednesday, May 16

Dear all,

It has been nearly a year since yours truly has had even the slightest drop of alcohol. Up until monday night, when i took three mouthfuls of Bailey's (cream of whiskey i think) which are still giving me serious hangovers. Why, oh why is that? Lots of small things have happened in these past days, so forgive me if this post sounds like a grocery list.

Inspired by the guy to whose birthday party i went (the guy i dun like) who cooked, i attempted something myself. I love cooking by the way, but i refrain from it because it drives my non-inhouse-cooking-only-eat-in-town-don't-mess-up-the-stove-or-kitchen flatmates crazy. So, while perusing the internet yesterday, i found a link (on a ruby on rails website of all places) to a blog of a greek girl who has a lot of greek recipes! And what do you know?! Lots of food that i know from back home is greek! To make a long story short, i decided to do these (had some left over cheese and flour). The only problem is that i had corn flour and not wheat flour, so I had to rush to FairPrice to get wheat flour (don't attempt to use corn flour!!). And I am so happy to announce you that i think i found some toilet paper made out of recycled paper! So cool! I have been looking for it for a while, since i really don't like to think that a tree has been cut down for me to [pardon my french] rub my ass. I didn't get a thorough look at it because i was in a hurry to get home, it was already tenish and i had to talk to my dad.

Which I did! (After four months or so of silence on his part) He seems to be his old cherry self, enjoying his life with his new found (one year younger than me) love. All is good. Life goes on.

Last but not least, when my paycheck arrives, I will cook: Tom Yam Kai or Tom Yam Pa (chicken or fish - whichever marian decides), a sour and spicy thai soup that i absolutely love!! (i adore the seafood one, but marian doesn't like seafood, alas!) And as desert i will attempt a "Mango sticky rice", picture here. ETA: friday evening, i promise to put up pictures. The greek tiganites that i cooked were so absolutely delicious that i wolfed them down [*slurp].

6 comments:

claudia said...

thanks! i've added it to my "mmm" tag on delicious. The videos are great!! My main worry when i cook is that my meal is not going through the correct stages. Questions like: "is this too red?" "should it boil like this?" and my all-time favorite "now what?!" are very frequent :)

Eugenia Loli said...

I hope you liked the tiganites (hopefully you used white flour and feta cheese). Let me know if you have any questions about greek recipes. This recipe is also very easy to do btw, if you are in a hurry.

I guess you found my link through my friend's RubyOnRails-related blog...

claudia said...

yup! i used white flour and feta cheese - although australian feta cheese, but made after greek recipe (?!) My mom used to make egg-fried bread when i was little!! I am planning to do the Spanakorizo on Sunday! mmmm ...

claudia said...

As for liking ... I almost burned two of them because i was rushing for the phone to call my boyfriend and tell him to get his ass home (installing cluster @school) before i finish them all! :))

Eugenia Loli said...

Claudia, regarding the Spanakorizo. If you are NOT on a diet, add a bit more rice, and olive oil (at the end). That would be more authentic, and more delicious. In my recipe page I suggested less rice and no olive oil because it was written at a time when I was dieting and was trying to reduce calories from the dish.

claudia said...

I will, thanks! I am not on a diet, though i should be ... :)) I enjoy food too much though ... Eh ... such is life :)