Saturday, June 19

A few places where I thought I'd never willingly go

Today is the 10-year (OMFG am I that old?! shit!!) of my highschool graduation so I am meeting up with my former colleagues (more of that in a later post). The only one I've kept in touch with was my desk-mate. She has always been girly and delicate, and spoilt and aaaargh (she's the one I went to cambodia with - the one with the heels -must find link) whereas I have only been spoilt and aaargh :) Anyway, she has been dancing tango for the past year or so, and on thursday night she took me to her class to see her dance!

It was super fucking amazing and I enjoyed seeing her dance - she's quite good actually, especially her footwork (of course, as a true climber i am the one that notices footwork) - considering the fact that all of them were wearing 10 cm heels (at least) i think it is a great achievement even to be able to walk in them, let alone dance!


Secondly, I took my future step-mother climbing! This is another milestone because had you asked me years ago I would have sworn i would never EVER take her anywhere. But, my good nature (ha!) and the fact that i insist to take everybody climbing, and the fact that she's quite ok, despite being one year younger than me and a home-wrecker turned wife (good nature, my ass!). I enjoyed climbing, and i was brave enough to teach her how to belay me and! let her belay me on a very nice, very tall, inclined 6b+ yay. She was quite good, probably the best of all the noobs I took climbing so far. Too bad I will be leaving bucharest tomorrow and i won't have time to take her again. The pics are up on facebook and i am too lazy to post them anywhere else.

1 comment:

dor said...

oooh thats a lot of tiles! climb climb! :D