Tuesday, June 8

Wedding!

I am going to ask a million dollar question: What comes after a bachelorette party?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Well ... a hangover you would say, and you would be entitled to. No hangover after Friday's party, at least not for me, but what followed on Sunday was the wedding.

Now, I hate weddings. I hate the fact that they are commercial, that they end up getting 300 people in one room (and how I hate 300 people in one room), and the fact that the bride is the center of attention. I hate the last part because if I were the bride and be the center of attention, I. WOULD. CRINGE. Brr! Oh. And I hate the fact that they last at least for the entire night -I have been to a wedding that lasted 3 days.

That being said, from this point of view I love singaporean weddings. They are totally devoid of ritual and meaning, that is true, but at least you go in, you sign the deal, in come the rings, vows, etc, after that the food and then we are done. Everybody can go home, yay! and get on with their lives. Signed, sealed, and delivered. I liked sunday's wedding very much in this respect.

And true, what contributed to me liking it was the fact that I had as much Palak Paneer (spinach with cottage cheese) as I wanted - and I served myself 5 times out of it muhahahaha. Of course, I have to pollute every discussion about meaning, rituals, etc. with intestine considerations.

This being said, I am also a sucker for cheezy stuff. Maybe because I am highly empathic and all that, but when the bride started to cry while reading her vows* I was crying there with her. And when the groom started to sing, I am still crying, but because I was laughing my head off this time.

*because of being tired and all that, not because of being emotional, or so she says. (AHem, BULLSHIT!)

No comments: