Tuesday, August 31

One picture Tuesday

A month or so ago I bought a basil bush. This is because Marian enjoys my thai basil minced chicken rice enormously so I decided that I did not want to buy 2.50$ worth of basil every time, and on top of that pollute the world with the packaging and so on. The bush was thriving when I bought it. The smell of its leaves was very very fragrant. It begged for me to cut it and put it in some food. I could see that me and the plant were going to be buddies for a very very long time to come. I even considered naming it.

The problem is that my room gets the singapore hot sun full on from 6:45am (PLEASE DON'T ASK ME HOW I KNOW) till about 3 pm at least. As such, the plant, like its previous basil cousins (bought some smaller ones from cold storage) started to dry and die. At first I moved it in the bathroom. However, although the bathroom gets a bit less sun, it is still very very hot during the day. Plus, our bathroom is small and it just didn't fit.

So in the end I moved it in the kitchen. It has been two weeks now and the plant is thriving (although having said that, I probably jinxed it and when I get home tonite it will be dry and dead already). And when I say thriving you must picture the plant as a little kitten or little puppy that has just had half its legs amputated and now is thriving with the remainder. And you, the proud owner, can't help to feel extremely proud about your little one's health, while the world looks on with pity. Because the plant now looks like this:


I really really hope it survives because everytime i look at it I feel like looking in the mirror. Dysfunctional: check! Working: check!

PS since taking the picture I went ahead and cut the dry parts at sandra's suggestion. I really hope it survives!

1 comment:

puck said...

ouch!