Thursday, March 10

A story of pigeons

Yesterday I went to Bondi beach. It's Australia's most famous beach and (I guess) surfer's paradise. I say it was surfer's paradise because there were no other people other than surfer's in the water. Probably because the waves were gigantic? So gigantic that I am still picking sand out of my ears? [this picture is taken from the water because Maxi is waterproof!]


Anyway, after hanging out at the beach and working (I kid you not), I went in front of McDonald's because this is the only place in Sydney where you might find free wifi - yes, it's still the bronze age here. And here I saw at one point a large number of pigeons rushing out of McD.

Turns out, that the pigeons would wait outside until there were fries or other crumbles on the floor (see reflection).


Then they would slowly approach the door and wait until people would walk close enough or inside such that the door would open.




They would shy away and wait until the people would walk in and then follow immediately.




Made it!

5 comments:

dor said...

hahahahaha oh my!

alex said...

mcdonalds!!!

thanks for sharing thoughts..
inspire to make blogs..

Edina MN Realty
Gun Accessory Holsters Cases
Gun Holsters Cases and Accessory
American Flags
American Flag

Gri said...

so practically they are maintenance employees paid in kind ;))

Unknown said...

Perhaps they're selling Maid Marian Muffins in there? ;)

(just saw your post re. Maid Marian last month! thanks!)

-- Jamie (brother of Maid; chief of MMM Global)

claudia said...

@Gri: yup, I'm sure they are!!! Very effective cleaning :)
@Jamie: if they were selling Marian's muffins not only pigeons would have flocked!