Friday, April 11

Geeky GIRL


So the school decided to give us graduate students a reason to gloat about and decided to replace all the graduate students' computers with new ones! YaY! The entire lab was in a total frenzy this week. Other than the pictured 19" screen, we all have dual Intel core2 duo (2 procs for you, 2 cores each) one Intel Core2 Duo (1 proc, two cores, sorry, i was tired) at 2.33 GHz, 4 x 1GB of ram (a lot), 250 GB hard disk and ATI Radeon graphics card (256 mb memory). So now the quest has begun on who will install the most exotic operating system and get it to work. Seth was the first to go ahead and destroy both his windows and his linux. Marian nearly fucked up his graphics card in an attempt to get a better graphics support for his MacOS (running on a DELL computer). My Ubuntu (beta) is working BUT: i do not have flash support (which means i can't see youtube) and the graphics dun work, which means i dun get cool effects.

In Chile, when we were waiting at the rental office to drop off the Red Fury, I needed to go toilet so I was purposefully heading for it. My way was blocked by a pudgy kid who was hanging around there with his grandfather, making scenes, running around, etc, who claimed (in spanish) "you cannot go to the girls toilet because you are not a girl". "How do u know I'm not a girl?" [almost wanting to kick his head on the door frame] ... kid makes a confused face, thinks for a while, then blurts out "Because u don't have long hair!" I swear, if he would have mentioned the boobs (or lack thereof) I would have kicked his ass! I let it slide though, forced him out of my way, and rushed inside the toilet, as things were getting tough.


Anyhoo, the purpose of telling you this is that I have decided to grow long[er] hair!! Maybe like in this picture, maybe shorter, until at least it is tie-able!! It has just gone over my ear level, but this didn't stop me the other day to rush into a hair accessory shop and leave with an entire plastic bag of clips, hair bands, etc. Worth 36 dollars, omg!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you want, you can have mine too, cause I don't plan on growing my hair back soon :)