Tuesday, April 15

Graduation trip


Finally my Everest trip is settled: I am not going. It comes as a relief, mind you. I am not at all sorry about the decision. The only bad things that come out of it are: I will have to raise money myself for the above 8000 m peak that I DO want to climb (even though the big E is not one of them), and I will not be able to join Marius in his quest for Everest next year. The second one saddens me the most, but this is out of my hands.

I've made plans for my Phd Graduation trip: yay!! Gasherbrum II and I (there is a trekking firm that gives you both) - 8068 and 8080. Around 25 000 USD for all. I will start saving tomorrow. Brr. And training. In may. Brr. They are the easiest of the 8000 ers (if there is such a thing) and the cheapes of those offered by trekking companies. I would have loved any other, but since I cannot go on my own (or with a team) and this is once in a lifetime for me, this is it. Pictures are taken from this photostream. The second picture is Gasherbrum II.

No comments: