Thursday, April 17

Just another day, for you and me ...


Baby-sitting last night was horrible. One student was exactly 1 hour late for the 1 hour test. He was convinced that the test was starting at 19:30 instead of 18:30. I let him take the test, because I was waiting for another student to take an extra quiz. Ended up having to stand for a whole 2 hours - and i was wearing high heeled (for me) sandals.

Heard through the grape-vine (through the blogs i stalk) that Nita and Fen are attempting to climb mt Kilimanjaro (5885 m). I'm happy for them, yupii! I wonder when the season is. Looks like it's end of August. A bit down by the fact that they didn't ask me anything about gear, climbing, training, etc. Could've loaned some gear if the time is right - i.e. i'm not using it. Bah.

My mood is not helped by the fact that the rain woke me up this morning. Yay! While I absolutely love a good rain, I don't love it when I have to walk to school through it.

Just to cheer me up, here's a picture of Hitler! He's a very VERY VERY friendly and talkative tom that hangs around our condo.

5 comments:

nita said...

Hey Claud,

I feel like a complete idiot for not telling you that we're going up to Kilimanjaro this June! I really don't know why it didn't hit me, despite being a big fan of all your mountaineering trips and blogposts about them, and knowing that it's your passion. Anw if you don't mind, we'd still love your advice and help.
Initially in the early-early stages of planning, the focus of the holiday was not supposed to be the mountain (- the trip originally stemmed from the idea of volunteering with a medical organisation there and backpacking through tanzania), however over the many weeks now, the trip has evolved into the highlight being mt kili, possibly because it's taken quite a bit of effort administratively to plan the climb.
And we're still not done yet, though we have narrowed down the trekking agencies.

I'm sorry we didn't come to you sooner friend, I hope you're not offended. But I do know your input would be invaluable.

On a separate note, hope all is well with work and climbing (:

nita said...

Omg that was longer than I meant it to be. Sorry!

claudia said...

hey nits, dun fret, ok? we go training in macritchie: 10 -15 km walking with weights! Then i get my revenge, muhahaha!

~FeN said...

Claudia dear, i rem telling you that we were going to climb a mountain during Boulder and i asked if it was really necessary to buy hiking boots, to which you said we should and they are really ex. so i did consult ya! perhaps i didnt go into detail cos i wasnt sure abt what planning was needed but obviously in your area of expertise, we do need your valuable advise!

and seriously, i gotta know how to train for this trek up cos this task is getting more and more daunting to me.. * bites fingers* what do you suggest?

claudia said...

yes, i remember! i totally forgot! congrats on the boots, they are good and they will serve their purpose.