Monday, April 7

Me fingers hurt

Bah, hope everybody is having a lovely monday! (NOT!) Anyhow, the weekend was great! For training on saturday we went climb asia. Yey! I didn't do so well, but no biggie. It's not that I'm going to Thailand next week and was hoping to climb more than 6a. It's not even the fact that I see everybody else climbing where I fail. Nope. Hm ... maybe it was the fact that I didn't have breakfast that made me so un-impressionable. Which is rare, because if I'm hungry I get extremely grumpy. And bitchy. And irrational.

The best part about the weekend though was the fact that Marian and I went to climb asia on Sunday. Yey! And I finished all the routes that I couldn't do on Saturday, plus I top-roped a 6c, yupii! We also met Tracy, a very nice guy that will be moving here to Singapore. I was much better climbing in three because you get to rest more. We ended up leaving at about three after 4 and a half hours of climbing. I managed to climb through my pump, which is something: before, I would never lead through a pump. EVER. Too scared to fall I guess. This all changed yesterday, yay! My fingers hurt a bit, and I find it difficult to type, but hey, I love pump!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uhm... er... what's a pump? 8-|

claudia said...

:) Good question!!! ""The Pump" is the tight, blood-congested feeling in a muscle after it has been intensely trained. Muscle pump is caused by a rapid influx of blood into the muscles to remove fatigue toxins and replace supplies of fuel and oxygen." I took this from a body builder's web site :)) The muscle group that is pumped in climbing is [mostly] the forearm. When your forearm is pumped, your muscle feels very hard to the touch, and even simple actions (eg opening a plastic water bottle) become horrendously hard. Try opening and closing your palm for like 1000-2000 times :)