Monday, November 24

JAWS

Had the most horrible weekend in the history of IR. The whole of my right lower wisdom tooth is coming out. It had emerged about six months ago but now the whole volcano is rising. My jaw is huge. I didn't sleep at all friday night. Barely slept on Saturday night, and last night I managed to go to sleep at 1:30am and woke up at 4 am again only to fall asleep fitfully until seven. I cannot function with sleep deprivation. I have been eating soup for the past three days, and even though I love soup, I am now officially sick of it.

In order to forget about the pain for a bit I went climbing on Saturday and managed to finish my 3x20 minutes endurance sets, even though I was distracted by Jia Wei and his routes. Saturday night Marian finally found out what's wrong with me, and he advised me to chew on something tough (his dentist had advised him to chew on a bread crust) on the wisdom tooth such that the gums will cut and the tooth will be free!! free! I tell ya!!. No bread crust chez Claudia, so I chewed on four almonds. And I remember every one of them. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Sunday morning found me with a jaw the size of China thanks to the augmenting effect of the almonds. Went to yoga, had some soup (yay!), then crawled back home. Couldn't focus to read or write so I went running. Yesterday was the first day of my interval training. Did 5 minutes jog, 3 minutes sprint (and the sprint was proportional to my tooth ache). Did only four repeats (instead of six) because I ran out of track and I didn't want to turn back. So far so good, I love it.

Watched CSI Miami before going to bed at 10pm. I used to like Horatio about three years ago when I was watching CSI, but now I think he looks and acts like a very spooky Cheshire cat. And now starts my agony. I couldn't sleep, so I played with marian's iphone until it ran out of batteries, listened to music, heated a sock in the microwave oven (to make it hot to apply on the jaw of death - about 1,2 seconds are enough), chewed on a banana, walked around, changed my sleeping (ha!) position, moved on the floor, moved back on the bed, cried, then i finally fell asleep around 1:48 am.

Weekends, I hate.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 of my wisdom teeth are coming out as well, but so far so good. Now that I've read this, I'm kind of panicky... what if mine will start hurting too? :-S

Big hugs and hope the pain will go away ASAP!

claudia said...

I hope they won't!! My first two didn't hurt at all, so maybe three, a nice, prime number, is my unlucky one :D

nita said...

You need painkillers woman!
Haha why don't you go see the YIH doctor? Hope it gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

Tie your wisdom tooth to a string then to a door and I'll finish up the job...

*Bam!!!*

-2107

claudia said...

nits! I have slept!! With the use of painkillers, of course ...

Jiasheng ... thanks for the kind advice!! :) Will test it out on you first before I try it on myself :))

wickedwitch said...

come see me!
i'll make it better haha