Friday, February 12

Gong Xi Gong Xi



I'm ushering in the new year, i really really am! Firstly, i am enjoying the almost empty canteen - i do not know where everybody went but i sure am enjoying the fact that they went!! Secondly, I am looking forward to my get fat pack which hopefully will arrive these days from Sandra, Doris, and Regina - or from all of them woo hoo!!! As such, I did not buy any cookies today although the almond snacks were really really calling for me. And I went shopping this morning to stock up food for the first two-three days of the new year when EVERYTHING will be closed. I braved the supermarket gingerly balancing my free Starbucks coffee (thanks to jenny and flower), my bag, the bag from the bakery which back then packed (I ADMIT) three four cheese buns and three sesame cheese buns more than it does now, and the shopping basket! and fighting all the small (but fierce!) chinese old ladies out for the last or for the most fresh tomato out there - one of them snatched the last piece of broccoli right from in front of my eyes, WTF?

I know that I would not make a very good wartime housekeeper because the chinese new year provisions that i selected are: 5 apples, 8 tomatoes, 2 l of milk, 500 gr of white grapes, 70 gr baked almonds, 1 loaf of bread, 1 weet-bix, and 3 dragonfruits! We are going to starve to death, oh yes we are :))

The coming of the chinese new year brings possibilities of new resolutions, on top of the fresh year's ones: cutting down on carbs (i.e. bread - i was considering this while munching on the buns), running extra five k (making it a total of 10k) on alternate days, challenging myself more, more climbing, more mountains, ... etc. etc. etc. A happy year of the tiger everybody! ROAR!

PS picture of native friendly bird from NZ.

No comments: