Wednesday, September 15

Breakfast odissey

I have been trying for years to find the perfect breakfast formula to suit me. What I have managed to find in all these years is that, unlike Marian who has been eating the same thing for breakfast ever since I've known him (I kid you not, the man eats 4 slices of toast with butter and honey and 1 and half glasses of milk EVERY MORNING if he can have it), I need variety in my life! So far, I have eaten for breakfast:

  • borscht soup

  • polenta with cheese

  • polenta with yoghurt

  • steamed broccoli with cheese

  • cabbage stew

  • rolled oats with fruit and milk

  • weetabix with fruit and milk

  • [HOW COULD I FORGET THIS?!] chicken rice soup and coffee



In the past weeks, i have switched from my rolled oats to weetabix. I love the texture of the weetabix and the taste! (Cardboard!) However, I noticed that after i eat the weetabix I get VERY hungry, VERY soon (like when i reach the office in the morning, I am ready for lunch). Turns out that unlike rolled oats, weetabix has a HIGH GI, which makes it unsuitable for breakfast for me. This might be the reason why i am so famished so early. Or it might be, as Sandra aptly puts it, that i am a "bottomless pit".

Funny breakfast foods anyone?

9 comments:

RME said...

My weekend breakfast is like this:

- one slice of bread with ICBINB and marinated fish
- another slice of bread with humus, smoked salmon and mustard
- a bagel with ICBINB and honey
- a bowl of (not boiled :P) Old Fashioned Oats with fat free milk.

And yeah, the breakfast is my favorite meal. ;-)

ICBINB = I Can't Believe It's Not Butter

claudia said...

Humus + salmon + mustard? that sound weird ... I love humus!!

san said...

rice soup with chicken and coffee! garnished w the smell of the sea.. krabi anyone?hahhaa

dor said...

krabi!

when we go back there we must stay in the atas atas hotel for one night at least hahahaha

claudia said...

San!!! I can't believe i forgot about the rice soup!! Dodo! I sure hope we will have enough $$ to stay ...

claudia said...

@rme: I just realized: you mean to say that people boil oats?!

RME said...

Yup, most of the people boil the oat (example).

RME said...

An picture of the the humus + salmon + mustard. Highly recommended combination.

claudia said...

@RME: YES i remember now! I also used humus as a spread! sadly, the combination of decent dark-colored bread + humus + smoked salmon + good mustard turn s into a VERY VERY expensive breakfast in this part of Asia.