Sunday, September 19

Facebook account gone!

Well, my account has been Claudia Facebooksux for as long as i can remember. I was an active facebooker :) although i did not allow any applications and I did not like it when people asked me to share/give them animals in farmville or whatever - so i was pretty harsh on them (i.e. i ignored them).

Today I tried to login and found that my account has been disabled (no warning, no anything - I guess the facebooksux in the name was really putting them off). In Facebook's own words, asking why my account was disabled, I got this:

"Profiles created to represent celebrities, pets, ideas, or inanimate objects are strictly prohibited.
People on Facebook want to interact with their real friends and the people they know in the real world. Since fake accounts can damage the integrity of this environment, they are not allowed to remain on the site."


On the problem with fake names:
"Facebook is built around real world interactions. Operating under an alias detracts from the value of the system as a whole. Users who operate under fake names are also prone to abuse. We take this standard very seriously and remove fake accounts as we become aware of them."

Then, when asking why i did not get a warning:
"Depending on the severity of the violation, it is not guaranteed that you will receive a warning prior to becoming disabled. Unfortunately, accounts that are disabled for severe violations of Facebook's Statement of Rights and Responsibilities cannot be restored."

And then, when asking what i could do to restore my account - sadly, I will not make another account but i do not want to lose contact with ppl I was in contact before - like RME's links, dodo's camping on facebook etc - here's what i got:

"Please upload a government-issued ID to this report and make sure that your full name, date of birth, and photo are clear. You should also black out any personal information that is not needed to verify your identity (e.g., social security number). "

Sad part is, my account was not fake and I did not "damage the integrity of this environment". The irony is that indeed, Facebook sucks :)

Facebook withdrawal symptoms, here I come!

5 comments:

san said...

YES! JOIN THE WORLD OF NON-FACEBOOK-ERS! hahahaha...the world of no facebook rocks! savour it before u succumb again..

RME said...

Uh. Not nice indeed. :-( Can you please do what they ask and see what happens? At least for scientific purposes it would interesting to determine if this is really a false positive or not. :P

claudia said...

@RME: I do not want to do it ... after all, THEY are making money off my ass. Although Marian was suggesting I email them a fake ID with Claudia Facebooksux :)) I'll give it a couple of weeks and maybe I'll make another account, ClaudiaFacebooksux 2 :)) or something

Marian said...

I proposed to scan her ID and photoshop her name into "Facebooksux" :) see what they say then!

claudia said...

I must say that I am actually enjoying this Facebook break, although it's only been half a day :)