Monday, June 13

My Nemesis

I am a weak climber. I know it, my fellow climbers know it, hell, everybody that has heard me climb knows it. The bane of my climbing existence are slopers because I do not train them enough, i have a weak wrist and a big bum (working on the first and the third). I am reasonably good at overhangs because I might be weak and fat but I am also strong beefy. I went climbing on Saturday at the gym and I nearly cried because it was crowded (again) and full of kids (again) - note to self: do not go to the gym on weekends. Anyway, after using their bouldering facilities for a while (pathetic, they are), one of the staff invited me to go climbing with them on Sunday. And off I went. Perhaps I should not have done the last two sets of campusing when they told me that.

Anyway, when i got to the climbing crag (Norton Summit, fyi), my grin turned to doubt and was later replaced by sobs of frustration. And here's why:

1. Overhang. About 30-35 degrees. Not much. Not much my ass!


2. Unfamiliar rock - quartz with sandstone (?) - no jugs, no pockets. Slopers (mostly), ledges, pinches, and crimps - Sandra would love it here!


3. Little roofs!


4. Gradewise: one 21, one 23, and the rest from 27 upwards. 21 is 6b.

Result: I top roped! HA!

4 comments:

dor said...

THE ROCKS LOOK FANTASTIC! QUARTZ! SEND ME A CRYSTAL!

and you never uploaded a pic of ur bum burner sausages! hahaha

claudia said...

BIRD, I WON'T!! JUST TO GET YOU TO COME HERE AHAHAHAH!!!

san said...

why so much chalk one? so un-natural.. haha.. pinches me no like..

claudia said...

a lot of slopers i think