Friday, June 10

Oh my, has it been so long?

Just realized that maybe, just maybe, I haven't been blogging for ages. The reason for this prolonged silence is that yes, I have moved to Adelaide. Initially I wanted to blog when a successful move happened, but sadly I can't do that yet. So, short of everybody declaring me dead or the equivalent, I am blogging now.

In the past eight (EIGHT) oh my god has it been that long?! - days, I have done the following:

- took a plane to Adelaide

- got greeted by the C-C-C-COLD! It's freezing sadly, and it's only 12-14 degrees here. I guess one of the reasons for this horrible C-C-C-COLD is that I have chosen to fill my airplane bag with rope, quickdraws, running shoes, training clothes (climbing pants, running SHORTS ha!) etc. And .... summer clothes. This is because when i looked online, the weather said 20 degrees in Adelaide (must've been a hot day fucking hell)

- met up with Claudia and Bogdan, our Nepal trekking friends, who flew from Goldcoast to help me for a while with settling down.

- went to the climbing gym - the situation is kinda pathetic as the bouldering wall there is flat, but maybe there are more gyms around?! [gotta research this out]

- got myself an australian phone number

- ATE GOOD FOOD (but I am craving my tom yam like madd) - the western food here is quite delicious and not pricy at all (for australian standards, mind you)

- bought a CAR. This is the most significant purchase I have made (other than the 200 den stockings - the stockings I wore for my wedding were 15 den haha) in a while. Also, the most expensive yet. The car is a toyota echo and her name is Snow White. (guess why, pictures are coming up)

- found my office! It has a window!! (pictures coming up)



- got my application rejected! Here you have to apply for a rental property. If the owner/landlord/agent likes you, then you get it. If not, too bad. Good thing i have a car, worse comes to worst, I can sleep in the car!

- it was only after Bogdan and Claudia left, that i have truly started to feel alone and lonely (cue violins). I have trouble sleeping and eating - but this might be because I'm stressed about not finding a house as well - keep your fingers crossed!

Ok, this is it for the updates, will be resuming our normal flow this weekend!

2 comments:

RME said...

Cheer up and all the best! The window view looks nice (I a like blue sunny sky).

claudia said...

Haha thanks!!