Friday, October 30

Threesome

If I were to die right now, these are the three pieces of advice that I would leave to my kid (if I had one) and to my friends:

  1. Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups. - cockiness is the father ...

  2. Never trust a fart. - taken both literally and figuratively

  3. Always stretch AFTER you run.



Yup. I won't comment on the first two. For the last one, I have to say that it took me a year of project Elephant and a yoga membership to figure it out: the reason why I couldn't touch my toes anymore was that I had been running for three years and stretching (after running) for zero. While now I know a lot of fancy yoga poses and I stand up much straighter than I used to, where flexibility is concerned, I still am as inflexible as the elephant before when I do not stretch after running. Granted the benefits of yoga are numerous and the change it has done (on my friend especially) is amazing, but in this respect, the only credit I give it is the fact that I have finally figured No. 3 out.

Please suppress your "DUH!"s or your "No shit, Sherlock!"s ... I know that this is what every book & website says, but no book could have ever told me that the difference can be up to 15cm: without stretching after running, the next day my fingers are looming about 15 cm above the ground, with stretching I CAN TOUCH MAH TOES!

No comments: