Tuesday, March 30

The gods want me fat

It is as clear as daylight that there is some conspiracy very very high up to make me fat. It's as clear as the fact that my ass forms a black-hole around my midsection which pulls me off the wall every time I want to climb.

I was supposed to go to Climb Asia today to pick up a guidebook for Chiang Mai (going there this weekend). As such, I planned my run around this trip: was going to run to Harbour Front and then take the MRT to climb asia. I was actually looking forward to this run because frankly, I am getting tired of the runs around NUS. It's the same thing over and over again, and if it's not flat, up, down, flat, down, up, up (the A1 bus route) it is up, down, up, flat, up, down, flat (the A2 bus route), with an equal number (and steepness) of ups. As such, the (mostly) flat run to Harbour Front, while a bit longer, was very very appealing. And then I find out that the team has two guidebooks which are readily available on campus. And there goes my run flying off the window.

I grudgingly shift my brain* to a run around campus and try to find some variation in it - maybe run two loops, maybe skip one stretch ... Anyway, there is nothing that i can do since i have to pass by the gym anyway. So i resign myself to the NUS run.

But noooo! The gods are not merciful as it has been now raining for half an hour and it does not seem to stop. And it's not drizzling either, it is one of those "holy cow, i hope the roof doesn't start to leak" kinda rains. And i feel my butt getting bigger and bigger and my fingers are screaming in agony because it's them in the end that have to hoist it up the wall. And no, typing is not adequate training for them either :)

*Something that i still have trouble doing: if i had originally made a plan to do something, i cannot undo it or do something else in exchange because OMG. IT WAS A PLAN!!! HOW CAN YOU NOT FOLLOW THE PLAN@??!?!

2 comments:

san said...

well my fren, u can make up for it by running tmr, then join me in my 20-13-20-13-20 endurance sets..then we do light fingerboard.wat say u?

claudia said...

caan! what time?!