Wednesday, March 17

Withdrawal

During the Boulderactive week, I drank an average of two large coffees with a dash of milk, from either coffee bean, spinelli, or mcafe. The first days of this week I gave myself two consolation coffees, sort of like a pat on the back for being weak and not competing, as well as being stuck in singapore most probably till the end of this year (more about this later). But today no more! Back to my own brew! My own brew is either instant coffee with milk (DOUBLE YUCK) or simply brewed coffee. Because I am too lazy to wash the french press, what i do for brewed coffee is something like:

1. boil water.

2. put one spoon of coffee in the cup (cup may or may be not washed from the day before)

3. pour hot water on it

4. allow the beans to settle.

5. drink - sometimes still have to chew some beans (SINGLE YUCK)

This morning i was lazy so i opted for the DOUBLE YUCK. By noon I was suffering from severe withdrawal, headaches, drowsiness, and a temper to fuck off even the bravest and the mightiest of them all. Told friend to suck it up when she was complaining about the toughness of her first ever "get fit" program. Told lab mate to and I quote "you could stop whining for a change" - while the words in total accordance with what i felt right then (and i still do now after a gulp of hot SINGLE YUCK option) .. still ...

I am still holding strong and not buying any branded coffee - two reasons: it's expensive and i do not know what to do with the cup! It is un-recycle-able waste!


Definite symptoms of caffe

No comments: